There are no current announcements.
ATHLETIC TRAINING | Varsity
Athletic Training Department Mission Statement
To provide all student-athletes with excellent athletic healthcare; to act as the main educational resource for Athletic Training / Sports Medicine information. To represent CRHS in a sophisticated and professional manner at all times. To actively promote the field of Athletic Training and the contributions NATA Certified Athletic Trainers can have on athletic healthcare.
Eligibility for Athletic Training Services
1. All student-athletes participating on North Carolina state sanctioned athletic teams and attending Cedar Ridge High School are eligible to receive free service from the Athletic Training Staff during its hours of operation.
A. Although services rendered by the AT Department at CRHS are free, fees may apply if the athlete is referred to another healthcare provider. These fees may be billed to the athlete’s insurance.
B. If an athlete is injured, the primary insurance covers the athlete and Orange Co. Insurance only kicks in after their primary insurance benefits have been exhausted. An athlete without a family insurance is considered under the Orange Co. Insurance. This will only cover the athlete when they are injured during a school sponsored event.
C. Athletic Training Room Hours of Operation:
• Opens at 3:45pm & closes at 4:15pm for pre-practice treatments or when last treatment is finished. A member of the AT staff will be on campus, either in the ATR, at a practice, or at a competition until at least 5:30pm each day.
• Morning treatments and/or rehabs will be done at the discretion of the Head Athletic Trainer and with permission from the athlete’s teachers.
2. Athletes from visiting teams, with consent from their coaches or Athletic Trainer, are eligibleto receive Athletic Training Services. Emergency medical care will never be denied!
3. Be aware that an athlete may lose his/her eligibility for Athletic Training services if he/she, in the judgment of the Head Athletic Trainer, behaves in a manner that breaks Athletic Training Room rules. If this happens, the coach and Athletic Director will be notified!